Frequently Asked Questions - Churchill War Rooms
Questions about the venue
- Are there any restrictions on hire of CWR?
- As part of the Imperial War Museum Group, we are sensitive to the history of our properties therefore some events may be deemed not appropriate for the venue.
- What times are the venue open from and until?
- The Museum is open from 9:30am – 6pm with function space available to hire from 7:30am – 11pm (extensions available on request)
- Is the venue available during the day? (suitable for visitor attractions)
- Yes as above
- Is Churchill War Rooms DDA compliant? ( Disability Discrimination Act 1995)
- Do the rooms offer natural daylight?
- Are there any breakout spaces available?
- Does the venue have any outdoor space?
- Do the rooms have pillars?
- Can I arrange a site visit?
- Yes, we are proud of the history and space at Churchill War Rooms and love showing people around
- Does the venue have air-conditioning?
Questions about events
- Is the venue suitable for meetings/banquets?
- What packages are available for booking an event at CWR?
- We have a variety of packages available to cover all requirements including day and evening events as well as special events such as Christmas and summer parties
- What is included in CWRs standard DDR package?
- Room Hire, Standard AV package, 3 servings of refreshments throughout the day, a selection of lunch options, access to the museum, Wifi
- When can I get access to my meeting room?
- We have 2 booking slots dependent on the opening times of the museum, day access is available on request from 7:30am and evening access from 6pm
- Is AV included in your prices?
- Yes in day packages
- Does CWR supply free Wi-Fi?
- Do CWR offer free room set-up the night before?
- Can we have our event material delivered to CWR prior to our event?
- Does venue operate a preferred suppliers list?
Questions about catering
- Who provides the catering at CWR?
- We (Levy Restaurants) are the in house caterers
- Can I bring in my own caterers?
- Can CWR cater for special dietary requests?
- Can I bring my own wine/drinks for my event?
- Yes, but we charge corkage
Questions about suppliers
Can you recommend a Winston Churchill impersonator?
Depending on your theme and event type, a celebrity impersonator could spice up your event. These actors and entertainers are skilled at livening up an event, whether it’s mingling with the crowd or putting on a show.
Churchill War Rooms are pleased to recommend a Winston Churchill impersonator for hire – Winstan!
Winstan has been created by Stan Streather as a tribute to our great War-time leader Winston Churchill.
His remarkable resemblance in looks mannerisms and speech make him arguably the most convincing tribute around today.
His amiable personality, good humour, acting ability and admiration for Winston Churchill bring his character brilliantly to life, entertaining guests in any situation.
He is more than happy to tailor any speech or appearance to your specific requirements and to work alongside other entertainers and performers.
Since appearances are tailored to your requirements actual fees will vary based on the duration, time and location of your event.
Whether for ice-breaking, meet and greet, witty repartee and after-dinner talks on the life of Churchill, media work or a host of other situations, Winstan is your man!
To find out more get in touch with Churchill War Rooms or find out more at: https://winstan.co.uk/