Why Bring your Association Events to IWM North?
IWM North is one of Manchester's most exciting Conference and Events Venues!
At IWM North, we would be delighted to work with you to host your association conferences, meetings, receptions and dinners. Our venue provides a great solution to your needs.
Situated on The Quays at cultural heart of MediaCityUK, the home of BBC North and ITV and next door to the Coronation Street Studios IWM North is only a 10 minute taxi ride from the city centre and opposite the MediaCityUK tram stop, which runs from Piccadilly station.
Designed by world-renowned architect Daniel Libeskind, IWM North is remarkable. The building is innovative and inspiring and within the striking, aluminium-clad structure, you will find a venue that is equally as stunning.
The iconic building, innovative and dynamic exhibitions create an environment perfect for dinners, drinks receptions, conferences and meetings.
The award-winning HD Big Picture Show system will immerse your guests in a truly remarkable and unforgettable digital display.
Complimentary onsite parking (160 spaces onsite) and close public transport links enable guests to reach us with ease.
IWM North, winner of a Business Tourism Award is located in The Quays at MediaCityUK. The museum’s extraordinary spaces offer exceptional possibilities for conferences and events.
360 Degree HD Digital Projection System
Technical experts will work with you to help create your own digital wallpaper with 360 degree HD technology that allows you to create a completely unique backdrop and setting.
Innovative and Dynamic
The Main Exhibition Space is one of Manchester’s most impressive settings for evening conference dinners, gala dinners, awards ceremonies and receptions.
New Conference Centre (Opened June 2017)
The WaterShard Conference Centre is a new 250 SQM dynamic, modern and contemporary space offering stunning views of MediaCityUK and The Quays. The space has the ability to divide into three separate meeting rooms, which are ideal for breakout requirements. The WaterShard is equipped with integrated state-of-the-art AV and air conditioning.
- Max theatre: 120
- Max banqueting: 350
- Max reception: 600
- Meeting rooms: 3
- Parking: Free of charge up to 160 spaces
- Accessible venue: Yes – full
- WIFI: Available Free-of-charge
- Green Tourism accredited: Yes
- AIM accredited: Yes
- Air conditioning: Yes
10 reasons to bring your Associations Events to IWM North
Located in Manchester, easily accessible via motorway and railway.
- Main Plenary Room
120 theatre style in the Watershard 1 & 2 with natural daylight.
- Exhibition Areas
The Watershard offers a total of 147m2. Other rooms have floor plans.
- Organiser's Office Options
The Red Room can be used as the Organiser's Office, which can also fit 20 x boardroom.
- Breakout/Seminar Spaces
The Watershard 3 can be used for catering/networking or an additional breakout space.
- Culinary Expertise provided by Levy UK
- Added Value/Social Programme
Access to the Museum to see the award-winning big picture shows on the hour every hour which as a HD 360 cinematic experience, about War and Real Life Stories of War
- Fringe Programmes
- Green Credentials
We are proud to be a Green Accredited venue.
- Technology Expertise
Built in AV Technology and Digital Sound System are available.
500 x bedrooms within a 5 mile radius.
- We have preferred rates available at the Marriott V&A Hotel (4 star) and the Holiday Inn MediaCityUK (4 star)
- We can arrange coaches from the city centre for approximately £150 + VAT per 50 seater coach (takes 10 – 15 minutes)
- We have a 24 hour package set up with the Marriott V&A where we include the transport for the evening dinner.
Please be aware that we offer complimentary car parking.
- Distance from MCR airport: 11.5 miles
- Distance from city centre: 3.5 miles
- Nearest railway station: Manchester Piccadilly – 4 miles
- Motorway: M60 – J7 – (4 miles)
Leave the M60 at Junction 9 and join Parkway (A5081) towards Trafford Park. At the first island take the third exit onto Village Way; at the next island take the second exit onto Warren Bruce Road. Turn right at the T-junction onto Trafford Wharf Road.
Alternatively, leave the M602 at Junction 3 and follow the signs.
- Nearest public transport: MediaCityUK Tram Stop – 4 minute walk
- BBC tour
- The Lowry Theatre
- The Lowry Outlet Mall
- Coronation Street - The Tour
- The Quays
- Bars and Restaurants – Wagamama, The Botanist
- Manchester River Cruises
- The Crystal Maze Manchester,
- The Trafford Shopping Centre