Hedsor House - Frequently Asked Questions
Hedsor House is one of Lime Venue Portfolio’s Special Events Venues and benefits from the leading catering of our sister company Payne and Gunter.
Catering for unique and unusual events has been Payne and Gunter's passion for over 30 years. They’re London’s originals. Since 1786 they’ve been the makers of English hospitality in all its quirky glory, fine venues, characterful dining and impeccable delivery.
Please note that all enquirers for this venue received via Lime Venue Portfolio's central sales team or this website will be receive a quotation from Payne and Gunter.
Questions about Payne and Gunter:
- Who are Payne and Gunter?
- We’re London’s originals. Since 1786 we’ve been the makers of English hospitality in all its quirky glory, fine venues, characterful dining and impeccable delivery.
- Why would I choose Payne and Gunter to cater for my event?
- We will provide you a splendid experience. One that will start with a classic venue, woven into London’s history as we are. It will involve exceptional dishes and characterful flourishes. From arrival to nightcap, every detail is thoroughly thought through. Every element of service delivered impeccably. It will be perfect. As it always has been since we started in Mayfair in 1786. And as it should be from the true originals of English hospitality.
- Why are Payne and Gunter listed with your portfolio?
- To enable Payne and Gunter to be listed with their accredited portfolio of venues a stringent assessment process is carried out to ensure that the appointed caterers all adhere to certain criteria regarding their expertise, health and safety and knowledge or the market place, highlighting their own style and price point to secure a place among the other appointed suppliers all of which are selected to compliment the venue.
- What are the costs involved with using our unique and unusual venues?
- It is important to highlight that when using Payne and Gunter venues you are contracting with both the venue, your appointed caterer and other suppliers independently. This situation in hiring venues is known as ‘dry hire’. This means for budgetary purposes you need to take into account all elements individually such as venue hire, catering costs (sometime including the hire of all kitchen and furniture - venue dependant) on top of that other factors to consider are lighting and production, flowers or your choice of table decoration and entertainment.
- What is Payne and Gunter’s relationship to Lime Venue Portfolio?
- All Lime Venue Portfolio venues are connected by the award-winning food our sister catering companies deliver. Payne and Gunter are our special events catering division who work with some the UK’s leading special events venues
- Do you offer discounts for charities?
- Wherever possible we always try to accommodate every client’s budget wishing to use Payne and Gunter, this includes charitable organisations.
- What type of events have you worked on?
- Our event speciality lies in large dinners, awards and galas and also receptions varying from canapés and mini meals to food stations. We are also experts in delivering outside events in Greenfield locations such as Royal Windsor Horse Show and Henley Royal Regatta.
- Do I have to use Payne and Gunter?
- The simple answer is that you don’t. Most of the venues we work operate a list of caterers they work with. Of course we would be delighted to have the opportunity to discuss your event and quote. Please note that if you contact us via our Central Sales team, or this website then your event quotation will come from Payne and Gunter.
- What type of event is the venue good for?
- Our portfolio of venues offer complete flexibility and versatility for a range of events from awards dinners and high profile gala celebrations to weddings and parties. A large number of our venues are open to the public during the day as many are museums, galleries or historic buildings so this needs to be taken into account when considering which venue will suit you best.
- Does the venue have minimum numbers?
- As our venues work off a fixed venue hire fee they tend not to work on minimum numbers but suggested capacities are recommended to suit each venue based on the style, size and requirements of your own event.
- How will my menus be created?
- Payne and Gunter have a selection of menus available for your consideration but we are always open to create bespoke options to suit each client’s needs. Our style of events offer a completely bespoke service so we start every project with a blank piece of paper and create exactly what you are looking for.
- Can I organise a meeting or conference with Payne and Gunter?
- Payne and Gunter are special events caterers and therefore concentrate of delivering what they are best at – beautiful banquets, amazing awards ceremonies and lavish drinks receptions, so unfortunately we do not cater for meetings and conferences. The venue may be able to accommodate meetings and conferences and we would encourage you to speak to them directly.