We won’t be the first to tell you that the COVID-19 pandemic was unprecedented, and that it’s been a challenge on the events industry. We’ll still be feeling its impact for some time, but for now all we can do is to do what we can.
There have been some shining lights among what have been a dark few months: the massive explosion of virtual and hybrid, the renewed appreciation for outdoor events and the realisation that often, a small celebration with those you’re closest to is the most amazing thing you could ask for.
None of us have any way of knowing how events will progress, but here at LVP we’re taking hope in the fact that our industry is filled with supportive, clever people who are working their hardest to ensure we can keep bringing people together safely for business or pleasure.
That’s why Lime Venue Portfolio have created our Stay Safe, Feel Safe COVID Secure Standards Charter. This document is our promise to you that we’re doing everything we can to make sure our venues are safe places to be and to give you and your guests the reassurance and confidence to start attending the events we all love again.
In addition to our COVID Safe Charter, many of our venues are now accredited by Visit Britain's "We're Good To Go" standard. This is the official UK mark to signal that a tourism and hospitality business has worked hard to follow Government and industry COVID-19 guidelines and has a process in place to maintain cleanliness and aid social distancing. Lots of our venues are also accredited as AIM Secure which means they deliver first-class service, excellent facilities and a total commitment to upholding legal compliance and health and hygiene protocols.
As we’ve seen this year, the rules and guidelines can change very quickly, but we’ll always follow Government advice and keep our practices flexible and adaptable to whatever is thrown our way.
Here are the steps our COVID-secure venues are taking to make sure your event is safe and successful:
- Many of our venues are offering safe, private show rounds, so you can view the venue in person. Alternatively, many of our venues have virtual tours which you can enjoy from the comfort of your own desk or sofa.
- Any guest displaying COVID-19 symptoms or who has been recently contacted by NHS track and trace should not attend the event, stay indoors and self-isolate.
- Guests may be asked not to bring along luggage if not completely necessary as cloakroom facilities may be limited to allow for safe social distancing.
- Where possible, venues will use multiple entrances to limit queues.
- The majority of our venues have free, large car parks onsite which will be in use with social distancing measures so that guests don't need to use public transport unless they want to.
- Guests are required to check in to the venue via the NHS COVID-19 track and trace app.
- Guests will be asked to wear a face covering at all times, except when seated to eat or drink. Please follow the event organisers' guidance regarding the wearing of masks during your meeting. Children under the age of 11 and those with a medical exemption will not be required to do so.
- At some of our venues, attendees may be asked to undergo a temperature check before being permitted to enter.
- Arrival times for guests may be staggered to prevent large guests of people arriving at once and forming a queue.
- The amount of people able to use the toilet facilities at one time may be restricted, please have patience with us if that is the case.
- Venues will be well ventilated to ensure a good airflow throughout the spaces.
- Seating will be arranged into clusters for groups where possible, and spaced out to ensure those who did not come together can safely social distance.
- In some areas, protective screens may be in use for the benefit of attendees and staff.
- In the case of any individual falling ill, medical support teams will be on the premises to provide assistance. If a guest is displaying signs of the coronavirus (COVID-19) while at one of our venues, they should inform the venue straightaway, immediately self-isolate where they are to minimise any risk of transmission, and request a test.
- Venues will have signage displayed throughout to remind visitors to practice social distancing, regularly wash their hands and take other precautions.
- Our venues are taking steps to create a cashless environment, so that payments will only be taken by card.
- Food will be served in individual containers, from sealed Kilner jars to Bento boxes.
- Buffets will be plated and served to customers.
- More grab and go options will be available for customers to take away.
- Cutlery will be wrapped and condiments will be available in individual sachets.
- Food service may be staggered throughout the day to avoid long queues.
- Tables will be socially distanced, and we ask guests to follow the latest Government advice around the mixing of different households.
- Venue staff will have had their temperature checked prior to commencing their shift.
- They will all be wearing appropriate PPE.
- All employees will have undergone COVID-19 safety training to ensure they are fully knowledgeable about our Secure Standards and know how to work as safely as possible.
- Additional cleaning procedures have been brought into our venues, using specialist cleaning techniques to ensure the healthy and safety of our guests.
- Some venues are applying a door seal to cleaned rooms to indicate the room has been sanitised and is ready for use.
- We have also updated our waste management practices, with dedicated bins for used gloves and PPE.
- Surfaces that are touched regularly, such as door handles, lift buttons, tables and chairs will be sanitised throughout the day.
- Sanitising stations will be available for use within our venues, as well as signs reminding guests to regularly wash their hands.
- Floor markers will be in place to mark out where people can stand to maintain safe social distancing.
- One-way systems will be used within our venues to prevent bottlenecks and large groups gathering.
- All of our venues are adhering to the latest Government and tiering restriction advice.
VIRTUAL AND HYBRID EVENTS
- As our venues will have limited attendee capacities in place, many of them have put provisions in place for a virtual or hybrid event. Please contact us for more information.
So whether you’re planning a meeting or a small conference, we want to give you the reassurance that we’re doing all we can to keep you and your guests safe, and to ensure you have a great time at our venues.
If you have any questions or need help planning your event, please don’t hesitate to contact our team.