BREAKFAST RECIPES | Lime Venue Portfolio
Being socially isolated doesn’t mean you should be skipping breakfast. Whatever your profession, breakfast is an important meal that helps get you off to the right start and energise your day. We've been working with our venues to put together some recipes to help start your day with an energy boost.
COCONUT, QUINOA & CHIA SEED PORRIDGE
Recipe from Executive Development Chef Robert Dant, Space with US (University of Sussex)
V, VE, DF
Makes: Serves 4
- 160g mixed quinoa
- 640ml coconut milk
- 1/2 tsp natural vanilla essence
- 2 chai tea bags
- 4 tsp chia seeds
- 4 tsp honey/maple syrup
- Choice of fresh or dried fruits, nuts, seeds, or top with your favourite granola
- Put the coconut milk, vanilla essence and chai tea bags into a pan and bring to a simmer.
- Allow the tea to infuse for 5 minutes and remove the bags.
- Add the quinoa. Keep stirring and simmer for approx. 20 minutes until the quinoa is fully cooked and the coconut milk has almost all been absorbed.
- Remove from heat and stir in chia seeds.
- Add honey or maple to sweeten if desired.
- Allow 5 minutes to rest and enjoy hot or chill overnight to eat cold.
- Top with your choice of fresh or dried fruits, nuts and seeds or granola with a drizzle of honey or maple syrup to finish.
You can find out more about Space with US (University of Sussex) by clicking here.
For something a little different, these pancakes are packed with protein and are easy to make. You add whatever toppings you fancy, savoury or sweet, or give the classic bacon and maple syrup a try.
Recipe from Head Chef Daniel Brazill, Leicester City Football Club
Makes: 24 pancakes / serves 6
- 500g oats
- 10 large free-range eggs
- 500g cottage cheese
- 5 bananas
- 1 pinch of baking powder
- 200ml of almond milk
- 20ml coconut oil to cook
- Blitz all the pancake ingredients (except the oil) in a blender until smooth
- Heat the coconut oil in brat pan (or a frying pan for a smaller batch)
- Ladle into 10cm diameter pancakes, these should be fairly thick
- When browned, flip to cook the other side
- Remove from heat and serve - simply add your favourite toppings!
You can find out more about Leicester City Football Club by clicking here.
THE FUTURE READY MEETING
With so many changes happening in such a short period of time it can sometimes be hard to predict what meetings will look like in the next few years. But in this sudden new age of meetings we need to be prepared.
Now that you've got 24hr access to your kitchen the culinary possibilities are endless. Why not break up your day working from home with some of our exciting recipes recommended by our venues?