ExCeL London is celebrating the completion of an 18-month, multi-million-pound project to deliver a food and drink proposition with a difference.
Traditional perceptions of venue catering have in the past ranged from the uninspired to the downright depressing. There was a time when coming to an event meant that you could only expect to eat fast, heavy food… or ‘sad’ sandwiches. At ExCeL London, we believe that such an approach is fundamentally wrong. Great food enables great event outcomes- customers who eat well are likely to arrive earlier, stay longer, network effectively and are inspired to return. In short, great food enables organisers to deliver more successful events.
As a venue we feel that we have a responsibility to offer food that not only tastes good… but makes you feel good too. With one of the world’s best culinary capitals on our doorstep, ExCeL has a duty to present our customers with inspired menus, dishes for a healthy diet and a huge choice to suit all palates and dietary requirements.
This vision has led to a partnership between ExCeL London and Levy Restaurants UK and a new family of 27 high street and bespoke eateries on our central boulevard, offering everything from great brunches to lunches, healthy snacks to delicious quick treats:
- Visitors can now feast on flavours from around the world – enjoy freshly-made street food from ‘Viva Burrito’, hand-baked pizzas, pastas and paninis from ‘Pummaro’, Asian dishes and fresh sushi from ‘Chozen Noodle’ and a Moroccan inspired buffet upstairs in the ‘E16 Lounge’
- Want to eat well? At Chop’d, you’ll find tasty salads made-to-order, soups and wraps while River Cottage Deli serves fresh seasonal produce, transformed into delicious dishes.
- Take your seat for breakfast- firing up the ovens in the small hours, our baker is working hard to create fresh pastries, delicious cakes and bread for the venue while ‘E16’ serves its exclusive blend of artisan coffee to get the morning started.
- Need to book a business lunch? We’ve built a new stylish restaurant ‘The Bridge’ where visitors can enjoy table service and a menu of American classics or visitors can catch up over craft beer and home-cooked food in our Sports Bar ‘The Pyramid’
- We’ve been working closely with world class chefs to deliver new food concepts- collaborations with Hugh Fearnley-Whittingstall and Bryn Williams have resulted in our River Cottage Deli and seafood pop-up concept
The environment in which visitors get together is equally important. That’s why at ExCeL we’ve also developed our seating areas- building intimate booths with power connections and increasing capacity so that visitors can network and catch up on business while away from the office.
After two years of work, we’re delighted to share the results of this investment in food and drink; all part of our ambition to deliver the best possible event experience at ExCeL. For further information on our new, in-venue catering experience.