Every month from April to August, one of our team will be tracking the number of steps that they take on a specific day.
Take a guess as to how many steps they take and you could win a fabulous pair of Nike Trainers!*
* ENTRY DEADLINE: COME BACK TO TAKE PART IN OUR NEXT STEP CHALLENGE *
JUNE - COMPLETED
RESULTS: 15,514 Steps
Well, that, that was a busy day. On Thursday 15th June, I certainly hit my personal 10,000 daily steps target, and my feet and calves are letting me know. That said, it was a fantastic day aboard HMS Belfast. After a good day on the ship that saw me busily creating some compelling proposals for a number of clients, we started preparing for an important evening function in the evening. It was a great event, but one that requires our amazing operations and culinary teams, produce nothing short of alchemy to deliver a brilliant VIP dinner for over 80 guests. The fact is though, I shouldn't really be surprised. The team are so used to the intricacies of delivering to a really high standard on the ship and its second nature to them all. The consistency I suppose is what i should really applaud. It was a pleasure to event manage this specific event and the feedback from the client was great. With HMS Belfast being spread over 9 decks, (you can have a look at our recent virtual tour here), it's no wonder that my step count was quite a bit higher than anyone guessed! Steps definitely count in a step challenge!!
AND THE WINNER IS....
Rebecca Birks from The Department of Education
With a guess of 12,985 steps Rebecca was the closest to the mark, although still some way off! CONGRATULATIONS Rebecca!
Hot Stepping It
JUNE STEP IT UP CHALLENGE:
The mercury is rising as I type this very message. So, there couldn’t be a better time to get out for a run in a lovely pair of new running shoes! Our next step it up challenger, though, is a little more restricted than most, because she’s on a Ship, albeit a BIG ONE, our favourite floating venue, HMS Belfast…
Name: Katie Pollock
Position: Sales Manager, HMS Belfast
Katie has worked in the events industry for the last 15 years and definitely thinks she hit the jackpot when she was offered the role to skipper HMS Belfast through C&E waters. As a busy sales manager she is kept on her toes visiting clients or meeting them aboard to show them the amazingly unique space on the Second World War battleship, the last of her kind in Europe. With her office actually based on board the ship itself, you’ll have to ask yourself if ladders count as steps in order to guess the number she does each day…
Date: 15th June 2017
Thursday 15th June, will be a typical day at work for Katie, with a full day in the office followed by a function in the evening – An exciting VIP dinner for 80 that she will be event managing. With HMS Belfast being spread over 9 decks, it certainly adds an interesting element to any event. It’ll be a long day as well and with the office and function room being two decks apart from each other, she is certain to be exhausted by the end of the day!
So, how many steps do you think Katie will take? Submit you answer below.
MAY - Completed
RESULTS: 8,242 Steps
The ‘AVFC Events invitation only’ event was a brilliant success and an extremely busy Thursday! It was full on, buts lots of fun prepping and hosting!
One of the best parts of my jobs is being able to show off the fantastic venue and catering we have here at Aston Villa and I loved having the opportunity to showcase our venue and meet new local agents and corporates from across the West Midlands.
Because we are a whole new sales team here, it was fantastic to be able to invite both past and new bookers in to meet us and show the brilliant spaces across the stadium! The best way to understand how we can make your event a success is to see how well we host them. Along with the new team, we had some sample entertainment from Adrian who will be performing at our 2017 Christmas parties for our ‘Dancing Through The Decades’ party nights. All details can be found on our page, including a copy of the brochure!
We had the central sales team from Lime Venue Portfolio join us too! They had the chance to explain exactly how they work with all 90+ of our wonderful venues and the brilliant advantages of using them to find you a venue across the UK!
Although it was a busy day, it was super fun ‘running’ around the stadium all day! If you missed the event and want to come and look at the fantastic spaces we have here, we would love to show you around. Simply call the team to arrange an appointment!
Here’s a few photos from the day…
AND THE WINNER IS....
Lucy Clark from The Specialists Work
With a guess of 9,500 steps Lucy was completely in step! CONGRATULATIONS Lucy!
Lots of Love Anna! x
P.s. Don’t worry I only wore my heels for the second part of the day, although it was still luxury putting on my slippers when I got home!
MAY STEP IT UP CHALLENGE: 11TH MAY 2017 17.00 - 20.00
CONTESTANT: ANNA TABOR
COMPANY: ASTON VILLA FC
JOB TITLE: PROACTIVE SALES MANAGER
Anna, who previously worked at Leicester City FC, recently started working at our newest sporting venue, Aston Villa Football Club as proactive sales manager. She says: "My days are never the same, with some days based at the stadium showcasing the space whilst others see me touring all over the country and spreading the word about the fantastic facilities we have at AVFC!"
Anyone who know's Anna, know's she's effervescent and energetic, so don't be surprised if she clocks up a lot of steps. Anna's day will see her and her brand new sales team, host an exclusive invitation only event, which will see her showcase all the great space they have at Aston Villa Football Club. Anna commented: "With over 90 event spaces to showcase, we will make sure we cover nearly all the areas around the ground along with some behind the scenes spaces such as the tunnel and players dressing rooms!
APRIL - COMPLETED
RESULTS: 12,341 Steps
So, it was a great day taking in the sights of London. I love having the opportunity to showcase our venues across the UK. There's no better way for people to understand the possibilities offered by our unique spaces than by seeing them for themselves. Equally there's no better way to understand our chef teams passion for delivering amazing food experiences, than by sampling their creations for themselves. So it was a joy to 'run' around London for the day and take in some of London's most iconic venues.
Here are just a few pictures from the day!
AND THE WINNER IS....
KELLY from BE VIVID EVENTS
Whose guess of 12,000 steps was nearest the mark! CONGRATULATIONS Kelly!
Love Julia x
P.s. If you missed the day, but want to have a few unique experiences of your own, please contact us to arrange show rounds or join us on a Unique Experiences day.
APRIL STEP IT UP CHALLENGE: 5TH APRIL 2017
CONTESTANT: JULIA SIMPSON
COMPANY: LIME VENUE PORTFOLIO
JOB TITLE: KEY ACCOUNT DIRECTOR
Julia is the definition of a busy #eventprof! As part of Lime Venue Portfolio's sales team, when she's not 'running' around the country meeting up with customer or venues, she's tweeting from an important industry shindig or event. And so it is, that 5th April will see Julia travel into London to help our customers discover some of London's most unique venues.
With a 45 minute train ride to London to start the day, Julia will meet her guests at the base of Churchill's war time shelter before heading on to the last surviving 20th century royal naval ship. Next she'll be taking in the the grandeur of Somerset Houses neoclassical architecture before enjoying the luxurious modernity of NY-LON at the O2.
Not content with such an action packed day, after the showcases have finished, Julia will be travelling up to Stafford – she has a busy day at Aintree Racecourse the next day!
Lime Venue Portfolio organises various showcase events through the year and this London tour includes the iconic venues Churchill War Rooms, Somerset House, HMS Belfast and NY-LON at The O2. If you would like to attend, please look out our diary of showcase events here!
* ENTRY DEADLINE 23:59 APRIL 5th 2017 *
Step It Up - TERMS AND CONDITIONS
- These terms and conditions (“Terms and Conditions”) set out the basis on which you may participate in the free prize draw (the “Promotion”). By entering into the Promotion, you accept these Terms and Conditions in full. If you do not accept these Terms and Conditions in full, you should not enter the Promotion and you will not be eligible to win a Prize.
- The Promotion is operated by Compass Contract Services (U.K.) Limited trading as LIME VENUE PORTFOLIO (the “Promoter”).
- The Promotion is open to all residents of Great Britain (excluding Northern Ireland) who are over the age of 18. Employees of the Promoter, its affiliated companies and their immediate families, their agents or other persons professionally connected with the Promotion are not eligible to participate.
- To enter the Promotion entrants will need to complete the online entry form by midnight on the date highlighted on the competition webpage. No purchase is required to enter the Promotion. Only one entry per person is permitted.
- The Promotion opens on 1 April 2017 and closes midnight on 31 August 2017 (“Promotional Period”). All eligible entries received during the Promotional Period will be entered into the draw.
- The Promoter reserves the right to disqualify incomplete, altered or late entries. The Promoter accepts no responsibility for lost, damaged or delayed entries, or for any technical, telecommunication or website error. Proof of entry is not proof of receipt.
- One winner will be drawn at random from all eligible entries received during the Promotional Period. The draw will take place on last Friday of each month.
- The winner will be notified within 14 days of the draw, by email. If the winner fails to respond to the notification and confirm his/her details for award of the Prize within 21 days of notification, the Promoter reserves the right to select an alternative winner at random from all other eligible entries received during the promotional period and award the prize to that person.
- In order to claim their Prize, the Winners will be required to confirm their contact details. The Prize will then be awarded to the Winners by post/email within 30 days of receipt of the Winners’ confirmation.
- The Prize is non-transferable, non-refundable and will be provided in the form of a £75 voucher.
- The Promoter reserves the right to provide an alternative prize of equal or greater value in the event of unforeseen circumstances.
- The Winners may be required to take part in reasonable post-award publicity.
- The Promoter reserves the right to publish the Winners’ names and counties on its website and/or in postal communications. The names and counties of the Winners will be available upon request by sending a stamped addressed envelope to the Promoter.
- By entering the Promotion, participants agree that the Promoter may use personal data relating to participants for the purposes of administering the Promotion and for future Lime Venue Portfolio marketing communications in accordance with these Terms and Conditions. Participants’ personal data will not otherwise be disclosed to third parties.
- The Promoter accepts no responsibility for any Prize, which is not received by a Winner due to incorrect or incomplete address details having been provided. Any Prize returned to sender or undelivered due to incorrect or incomplete details having been provided by a Winner will be deemed unwanted and that Winner's claim to a Prize will be forfeited.
- The Promoter reserves the right to amend or temporarily suspend the Promotion in the event of any unforeseen circumstances or technical reasons outside its reasonable control which make this unavoidable, with no liability to any entrants or third parties.
- The decisions of the Promoter are final and no correspondence will be entered into.
- To the fullest extent permitted by law, the Promoter accepts no liability for any damage, loss, injury or disappointment suffered by any participant entering the Promotion or as a result of accepting any Prize.
- The Promotion and these Terms and Conditions shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of England and Wales.
- Please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any questions or queries about the Promotion.
Back to articles