Every month from April to August, one of our team will be tracking the number of steps that they take on a specific day.
Take a guess as to how many steps they take and you could win a fabulous pair of Nike Trainers!*
MAY STEP IT UP CHALLENGE: 11TH MAY 2017 17.00 - 20.00
CONTESTANT: ANNA TABOR
COMPANY: ASTON VILLA FC
JOB TITLE: PROACTIVE SALES MANAGER
Anna, who previously worked at Leicester City FC, recently started working at our newest sporting venue, Aston Villa Football Club as proactive sales manager. She says: "My days are never the same, with some days based at the stadium showcasing the space whilst others see me touring all over the country and spreading the word about the fantastic facilities we have at AVFC!"
Anyone who know's Anna, know's she's effervescent and energetic, so don't be surprised if she clocks up a lot of steps. Anna's day will see her and her brand new sales team, host an exclusive invitation only event, which will see her showcase all the great space they have at Aston Villa Football Club. Anna commented: "With over 90 event spaces to showcase, we will make sure we cover nearly all the areas around the ground along with some behind the scenes spaces such as the tunnel and players dressing rooms!
* ENTRY DEADLINE 23:59 MAY 10TH 2017 *
APRIL - COMPLETED
RESULTS: 12,341 Steps
So, it was a great day taking in the sights of London. I love having the opportunity to showcase our venues across the UK. There's no better way for people to understand the possibilities offered by our unique spaces than by seeing them for themselves. Equally there's no better way to understand our chef teams passion for delivering amazing food experiences, than by sampling their creations for themselves. So it was a joy to 'run' around London for the day and take in some of London's most iconic venues.
Here are just a few pictures from the day!
AND THE WINNER IS....
KELLY from BE VIVID EVENTS
Whose guess of 12,000 steps was nearest the mark! CONGRATULATIONS Kelly!
Love Julia x
P.s. If you missed the day, but want to have a few unique experiences of your own, please contact us to arrange show rounds or join us on a Unique Experiences day.
APRIL STEP IT UP CHALLENGE: 5TH APRIL 2017
CONTESTANT: JULIA SIMPSON
COMPANY: LIME VENUE PORTFOLIO
JOB TITLE: KEY ACCOUNT DIRECTOR
Julia is the definition of a busy #eventprof! As part of Lime Venue Portfolio's sales team, when she's not 'running' around the country meeting up with customer or venues, she's tweeting from an important industry shindig or event. And so it is, that 5th April will see Julia travel into London to help our customers discover some of London's most unique venues.
With a 45 minute train ride to London to start the day, Julia will meet her guests at the base of Churchill's war time shelter before heading on to the last surviving 20th century royal naval ship. Next she'll be taking in the the grandeur of Somerset Houses neoclassical architecture before enjoying the luxurious modernity of NY-LON at the O2.
Not content with such an action packed day, after the showcases have finished, Julia will be travelling up to Stafford – she has a busy day at Aintree Racecourse the next day!
Lime Venue Portfolio organises various showcase events through the year and this London tour includes the iconic venues Churchill War Rooms, Somerset House, HMS Belfast and NY-LON at The O2. If you would like to attend, please look out our diary of showcase events here!
* ENTRY DEADLINE 23:59 APRIL 5th 2017 *
Step It Up - TERMS AND CONDITIONS
- These terms and conditions (“Terms and Conditions”) set out the basis on which you may participate in the free prize draw (the “Promotion”). By entering into the Promotion, you accept these Terms and Conditions in full. If you do not accept these Terms and Conditions in full, you should not enter the Promotion and you will not be eligible to win a Prize.
- The Promotion is operated by Compass Contract Services (U.K.) Limited trading as LIME VENUE PORTFOLIO (the “Promoter”).
- The Promotion is open to all residents of Great Britain (excluding Northern Ireland) who are over the age of 18. Employees of the Promoter, its affiliated companies and their immediate families, their agents or other persons professionally connected with the Promotion are not eligible to participate.
- To enter the Promotion entrants will need to complete the online entry form by midnight on the date highlighted on the competition webpage. No purchase is required to enter the Promotion. Only one entry per person is permitted.
- The Promotion opens on 1 April 2017 and closes midnight on 31 August 2017 (“Promotional Period”). All eligible entries received during the Promotional Period will be entered into the draw.
- The Promoter reserves the right to disqualify incomplete, altered or late entries. The Promoter accepts no responsibility for lost, damaged or delayed entries, or for any technical, telecommunication or website error. Proof of entry is not proof of receipt.
- One winner will be drawn at random from all eligible entries received during the Promotional Period. The draw will take place on last Friday of each month.
- The winner will be notified within 14 days of the draw, by email. If the winner fails to respond to the notification and confirm his/her details for award of the Prize within 21 days of notification, the Promoter reserves the right to select an alternative winner at random from all other eligible entries received during the promotional period and award the prize to that person.
- In order to claim their Prize, the Winners will be required to confirm their contact details. The Prize will then be awarded to the Winners by post/email within 30 days of receipt of the Winners’ confirmation.
- The Prize is non-transferable, non-refundable and will be provided in the form of a £75 voucher.
- The Promoter reserves the right to provide an alternative prize of equal or greater value in the event of unforeseen circumstances.
- The Winners may be required to take part in reasonable post-award publicity.
- The Promoter reserves the right to publish the Winners’ names and counties on its website and/or in postal communications. The names and counties of the Winners will be available upon request by sending a stamped addressed envelope to the Promoter.
- By entering the Promotion, participants agree that the Promoter may use personal data relating to participants for the purposes of administering the Promotion and for future Lime Venue Portfolio marketing communications in accordance with these Terms and Conditions. Participants’ personal data will not otherwise be disclosed to third parties.
- The Promoter accepts no responsibility for any Prize, which is not received by a Winner due to incorrect or incomplete address details having been provided. Any Prize returned to sender or undelivered due to incorrect or incomplete details having been provided by a Winner will be deemed unwanted and that Winner's claim to a Prize will be forfeited.
- The Promoter reserves the right to amend or temporarily suspend the Promotion in the event of any unforeseen circumstances or technical reasons outside its reasonable control which make this unavoidable, with no liability to any entrants or third parties.
- The decisions of the Promoter are final and no correspondence will be entered into.
- To the fullest extent permitted by law, the Promoter accepts no liability for any damage, loss, injury or disappointment suffered by any participant entering the Promotion or as a result of accepting any Prize.
- The Promotion and these Terms and Conditions shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of England and Wales.
- Please contact us at email@example.com if you have any questions or queries about the Promotion.
Back to articles